The diversity and range of work we complete means that Fitzroy Engineering employs people in many types of roles.
Professional Engineering Positions
- Project Manager
- Project Engineer
- Quality Control Engineer
- Design Engineer
- Fabricator / Welder
- Welder (to ASME IX standard)
- Mechanical Fitter
- Industrial Coatings Applicator
What we offer
Fitzroy Engineering’s head office and major workshops are situated in New Plymouth, where you can reside in one of New Zealand’s most liveable cities with beaches, parks, walkways and Mt Taranaki to enjoy and explore.
The province of Taranaki is the centre of the oil and gas industry in New Zealand and Fitzroy Engineering plays a major part in servicing this sector with fabrication and maintenance work on new and existing sites. Additionally, the company services other industries both locally and nationally.
Our work is varied and interesting with workshop and site based positions. Working to international standards requires high calibre employees who want to be challenged and rewarded.
Depending upon workload requirements, Fitzroy Engineering may require staff for any of the positions listed above or for other support functions. For further Information please contact .
- Successful applicants will be appointed on merit regardless of gender or ethnicity, based on their previous experience, skills and proven performance.
- Previous experience with heavy fabrication or maintenance work in the oil and gas industry will be an advantage.
- Applicants may be subject to a process that involves interviews, referee checking and pre-employment medical examinations.
- All new employees will be appointed subject to the successful completion of a drug and alcohol screening test.
- Overseas applicants must have an appropriate work visa or permanent residence or be capable of qualifying for these as per Immigration New Zealand requirements.
Please contact for any general enquiries.